Snip, snip, snip….
This is apparently the week for US-based airlines to make all sorts of passenger un-friendly changes and cuts. While ultimately screwing over the passengers, the cuts are largely going to please investors on Wall Street.
Just this week, Delta, United and JetBlue have announced some cuts that hurt the consumer, and in many cases, they’ve prettied-up their press releases to make it look consumer-friendly. Tsk, tsk…
Some of the changes this week include:
- JetBlue announces “refresh” of A320 cabins (read – less leg room)
- JetBlue announces that free checked bags are no more!
- United makes a number of “enhancements”
- Delta announces new 2015 award chart
- Delta eliminates stopovers and open jaws on award tickets